Technical Surveillance Countermeasures Services (TSCM)
News stories emerge daily about government organizations and private sector companies targeted by economic espionage, industrial espionage or corporate spying.
Organizations and individuals today face numerous threats to their security. Digital technologies are rapidly converging. Commonly available consumer electronics continually evolve and generate new risks and threats for the public.
Threats are not always obvious, but they are real
Widely publicized incidents of hacking at Canadian government departments and corporate giants illustrate the threat here at home.
Consider the following:
- While an exact figure is hard to pin down, the 2013 IP Commission Report from the Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property characterized the scale of the theft of American intellectual property as “unprecedented—hundreds of billions of dollars per year, on the order of the size of U.S. exports to Asia.”
- Canada doesn’t have recent numbers, but a CSIS study in 1996 pegged the cost of corporate espionage to the Canadian economy at $10 billion to $12 billion a year.
- More recent security industry estimates put the cost to Canadian companies now in the range of $50 billion to $150 billion per year.
Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM) consider the true cost of data breaches
Hackers attacking from cyberspace account for only a portion of data breaches. Illegal technical surveillance remains a common means to steal trade secrets and intellectual property. It can be used to gain an advantage during a contract negotiation, dispute or litigation.
Most perpetrators do not leave obvious signs that they have planted physical devices on your premises. Truly sophisticated spies leave no evidence. Bugs can be planted in plain sight. The unfortunate reality is that the threat often doesn’t come from without, but within. Employees, contractors and business partners can all present a risk.
We have the proven Technical Surveillance Countermeasures expertise you need
Presidia’s Technical Surveillance Countermeasures experts are trained in the detection of technical surveillance devices and hazards. They are part of a team that has worked at an executive level in the Canadian security and law enforcement community.
We have a wealth of experience with corporations, all levels of government and with domestic and international police and security agencies. Our advice and solutions come from an exceptional background of training and experience in security, investigations and intelligence.
Our team has conducted a variety of Technical Surveillance Countermeasures sweeps for both government and corporate clients. Using state-of-the-art technology, we can identify technical vulnerabilities that include:
- Hidden cameras (wired and wireless)
- Wireless microphones
- Audio and video transmitter bugs
- GPS trackers
- RF sources (Bluetooth, GSM (cellular) and Wi-Fi)
- On premises and parallel bugs / wire taps
We go wherever you do
Our physical and technical survey will detect and counteract threats to your information. Ensure your privacy and protect your organization from corporate espionage and electronic eavesdroppers wherever you go:
- Corporate conference rooms
- Hotel conference facilities
- Sensitive discussion areas
- Office spaces and equipment
- Vehicles – fleet or rental